Locations: Remote; New York City
You’ll be working with…
…a team of top Ivy League CS grads.
Founded in 2019, Superorder provides an all-in-one software platform that simplifies the way restaurants operate in the digital era by automating every aspect of running an online restaurant business. Our software empowers restaurants to grow their business by enabling them to create multiple virtual storefronts, centralizing order management, building quick AI websites, allowing them to understand their financials, and more. We work with more than a thousand restaurants in 150+ cities and to date have processed more than 1.5M orders. Our mission is to simplify tech adoption so restaurant owners can focus on what they love — cooking great food.
Superorder is backed by some of the world’s best investors: Foundation, Y Combinator, Floodgate, Slow Ventures, and SV Angel. We are also backed by amazing angels like Michael Seibel (Managing Director, Y Combinator), Babak Nivi (Cofounder AngelList), Kyle Vogt (CEO, Cruise), Daniel Kan (Cofounder, Cruise), Ryan Delk (CEO, Primer), and many more.
We raised our series A and are growing quickly — come join us!
- All In: Be driven, dedicated, and committed. Give it your all to win.
- Frugality: Aim to do more with less.
- Be Different: Encourage contrarian thinking and embrace diverse viewpoints.
- Adapt or Die: The world is constantly changing - we need to be good at adapting to new realities everyday.
- Ownership Mentality: We see things through to the finish, and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Customer Obsessed: We always put our customers first and prioritize what’s best for them every step of the way.
Engineering is at the heart of everything we do. As a Backend Engineer, you’ll be a key member of a fast-moving product team that is focused on building out the modern restaurant operating system, including delivery tablet aggregation, AI-generated websites, review management, and much more. You will help lead the architecture and technical execution of the new product investments that will define the future of Superorder and restaurants across the country.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Deliver impact and technical excellence: Ship high quality product quickly and design robust architectures that power the operations of SMB and enterprise restaurants
- Help define the product roadmap: Work with our engineering leadership and GTM teams to define new product features and iterate on feedback from users
- Contribute to team growth + culture: Drive our culture of empowerment, ownership, and fun throughout the team
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-impact environment; we expect to move quickly and ship often
- Experience in building software from end to end (i.e. project formation & planning to building CI/CD pipelines & productionization)
- Ability to architect and engineer robust solutions amidst ambiguity
- A product-oriented mindset and commitment to delivering great products for customers
Nice to Have
While not required, the following are strongly preferred:
- Experience building production applications in Python
- Experience working in a fast-paced engineering culture, ideally an early stage startup
- Based in NYC or willing to relocate
- Experience with frontend development, particularly in Typescript + React
- Experience with AWS Serverless Stack (Lambda, State Functions, etc)
- Familiarity with high-scale, distributed systems
- Put your mark on the history of the growth of the company
- Unlimited coaching by executive coaches by Matt Mochary’s team
- Opportunities to grow within the company across all departments
- Medical, dental, vision coverage options
- Unlimited PTO
- NYC Office perks (unlimited snacks, cold brew, coffee)
- Meaningful Equity
Know someone good?
Fill out this form to suggest them.